Friday, April 30, 2010

FROM THE WOODSHED TO THE STAGE!!

Lawdy I been in musician heaven the past few weeks. Between all the gigs, the auditions for Boss-Lady, and the jams at Elenas I've been on a constant clinic. From parts to random improvisation, my homies did it up.

A big lesson I learned as a musician and just as a human in this life is the best lessons come from things outside of ourselves. In the case of music, I constantly improve as a musician often by NOT focusing on bass. My time and groove are definitely heavily influenced by my love of the drums; harmonic changes definitely all guitar and piano. It goes back to my "musical body" philosophy: every part of the body has to work together to take a successful walk.

Anyway, I just want to acknowledge and thank some of you that have been seriously inspiring me and keeping me on my toes: Steve McKie, Joe Truglio, Luke O'Reilly, Dai Miyazaki, Jeanette Berry, Theron Shelton (RIP), Anthony Tidd, Jay Lawson (!!!!), Pete Kuzma, Mike Patriarcha, Tom Long, Damon Bennett, Elliot Garland, "Biscuit" Rouse, Ms. Lauryn Hill, N'Dambi, Kindred...and a bunch of y'all I'll remember at some point and I'll come back and add you!!

- rah

No comments:

Post a Comment